Monday, October 18, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy- 10/17 Transport

Sunday during football season means transports have to be done on Saturdays or in the morning on Sundays, unless the Ravens play MNF or a rare Sunday night game. I couldn't turn down this transport though after reading about the dog needing a ride.

This is a special needs dog. She has a deformed eye (she probably doesn't see out of that eye, the other eye is OK, she is not blind from what I have been told) and one of her front leg’s is deformed, but she doesn’t have mobility problems. She has quite the history. She was found in a ditch, left there to die when she was only about a week old, covered in maggots. That's how she lost her eye, the maggots had eaten at it. The people who found her bottled fed her and kept her for a while, then found her a home and I guess the people they gave her to didn't want her anymore as she was a stray.

How can anyone say no to that poor plea for Daisy? I couldn't. Nick could, he did stay home and watch the Ravens game but Daisy and I had a nice trip the two of us. I picked her up from the Frederick Municipal Airport and took her to The Maryland House in Aberdeen. Thank you Mary Ann for shortening our drive the Wilmington, DE and thank you Elliott for flying Daisy to Maryland on behalf of Pilots N Paws.

Daisy, a Blue Heeler/Catahoula Leopard Dog mix, was a perfect co-pilot. She did great in the car and was such a sweetheart. Here are some pictures of our adventures :)





Daisy got around surprisingly well on three legs, she could really pull! She is going to make someone very happy!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I think Daisy is beautiful. Thank you for helping her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you, I found your blog from thenest, which I NEVER read, but whatever, I saw your sig and couldn't stop reading until I've read it all!


    You inspired me to rescue another malamute! It took me a few hours to convince my husband that adding another dog to our "pack" would be a great plan, but we're so excited to give a home to another dog in need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Laurel, this makes me melt! I am so, so happy for you and your decision to adopt another malamute! Good luck on your search! Thanks for reading through all of this dog randomness :)

    ReplyDelete